Re: Question re Seshnegi Knights

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:42:43 -0000

> >I can buy
> >into the average Heortling being an Initiate or even Devotee - but
> >not so much Western folk. Is that right?
>
> But the character isn't an average Westerner. He's a hero and
> you'll expect him to be different.

 Orderly I feel implies a level of commitment to the church - like a Templar Knight. If you wanted somebody who was not especially religious then he will have trouble getting the churchmen to teach him stuff. Of course as a noble he can just tell them I guess....

I am going to run a Seshnela one off using an old Pendragon scenario. Maybe my trying to fit my Pendragon view into Seshnela is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole! Thanks for your patience. The rules *don't* seem to be that clear on what you can expect to be as a knight. Can you be a knight Liturgist for example?

> >Common Magic seems to be a bit socially unacceptable for a Rokari -
> >more so a noble, or am I reading it wrong?
>
> It isn't socially unacceptable, it's unacceptable to the Church.
> Your hero is quite free to practice whatever common magic he
> desires so long as he doesn't do it in front of a churchman.

> >Does he get all the
> >formulary spells as oneshot deals, hence the need for a Liturgist
> >follower to do 'recharge' for him?
>
> He has to purchase the formulary spells individually apart from
> the time when he first joins, whereupon he gets three
> spells for free at 13 (HQ p160 and 166). All spells are one-use
> and so charley the chaplain sidekick is desirable.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

As a begining character he gets all the spells doesn't he - only 3 if he becomes an orderly after play commences?

Regards
Rob