Re: Re: [HeroQuest-RPG] Generic HeroQuest

From: Myles Corcoran <myles.corcoran_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:15:08 +0000

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:07:25 -0600, Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...> wrote:

> Something offbeat would be interesting. Toons, maybe? Or horror? HQ Call
> of Cthulhu, anybody?

I'd like to see more TV drama spinoffs. Advice on using HQ to model medical or courtroom drama, perhaps, and certainly police/detective procedurals. The extended contest lends itself so well to drawn-out (i.e. episode-long) resolution while simple contests could serve to handle sub-plots and filler events.

Like Guy I'd also love to see something covering Greek myth and science fiction, though I'd shy away from the pulp SF of Buck Rogers et al. and more towards the social SF of Le Guin or the new Space Opera of Reynolds and Stross, for example.

Myles

--
The late, great John Peel on some Duran Duran video:
JP (jaunty): Well that was the best song I've heard since...well, tea time.