Re: Travel distance per day?

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:46:55 -0000

> You forget all the "superstitious" observances such a fit Dark Age
> type will have to give to the local otherworld (or be confronted
by at
> least similarly time-consuming bad luck). Including finding the
outer
> patrol of a clan to exchange the greeting etc...
> Also, our couch potato probably has longer legs than his Dark Age
fit
> counterpart. This does count a lot.

I agree with Joerg. The lack of good roads, maps, bottled water and hiking chow - not to mention unfamiliarity of terrain, the need to be reasonably observant in case bandits (or others) try to kill you -  all will slow down our Gloranthan travelers.

Unless, as I discovered in my game last night your travelers are (a) Orlanthi tribal kings traveling on chariots driven by Mastokos charioteers on Sartar's Roads, or (b) summon big winds or Vanganth magic and just fly (using the duration modifiers) from Clearwine to Fox Hollow. Boy, they can move a lot faster in that case!

Jeff