Re: Re: Movement rates

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:40:49 +1100

At 03:24 PM 17/11/04, MHolmes wrote:
> >From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
> > The table is based on the character's base movement rate, which is in
> >the GURPS system (yd/sec) and is 5 for an average person. I simplified that
> >because HeroQuest doesn't use or need it.
> > If you want to add a couch potato modifier, just reduce the base rate of
> >movement.
>
>Nooo. Use the fricken system to display the character! If he's a couch
>potato, then what's the rating? Couch Potato 17 means a -2 on his die roll.

  True enough. Apply Couch Potato as a negative augment after you've determined the resistance of the trip.

>I myself would be about Couch Potato 5W (yes, I'm a couch operating
>journeyman), and I might also penallize myself for being Large 13 or so.
>OTOH, if I was trying to annoy Rory by getting somewhere quickly, I'd get a
>+3 for my 10W in that ability. But he'd give me an improv modifier. ;-)

  I don't know about Large; long legs can help as much as weight hinders. Large can also help with carrying stuff, so I'd leave it off. Overweight, Strong, Wimpy, Small, Enduring, Fast, Slow, Lazy, Doesn't Like Walking, Worshipper Of Mastakos--I regard all those as valid modifiers, though, along with any appropriate magic.

--
| Paul May               | paul.robert.may_at_...
| Kax Hoplodyne, Ltd     | kax_at_...
| MIB 1138; RD Australia | the_kax_at_...
| PGP key on www.pgp.net | spell_at_...

    I'm an omnitheist. You can't have too many messiahs.