Re: Cults VS Subcults. (Round one, fight!)

From: Victor Lane <thelhf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:15:05 -0800

>What statements give you that impression?
>
>The sentence "a few worshippers become devotees of deities or heroes,
>[...]" is referring specifically to those worshippers that worship just the
>subcult and not the aspect.
>
>The sentence "even a devotee of a deity cannot use the feats within
>the [subcult's] affinity without switching his devotion to the subcult" is
>within the paragraph speaking about learning a subcult's magic without
>joining it.
>
>--Peter Metcalfe

Page 120 says, "A few worshipers become devotees of a subcult deities or heroes, rather then of the deity itself They can learn the individual feats within the subcult affinity and also the subcult secret of they raise the affinity or feat to 1W2."

I think I phrased my question pretty badly the first time. Let me try again: If you are a devote of a subcult, can you lean the feats of both the subcult and larger deity?

Reading closely, it looks like you can become a devotee either a deity, that deity's subcult or both. And the difference between the three is different amounts of recourses giving to the cults and different amounts of magic gained. If that's right, I just answered my own question!

--Victor