Re: Cults VS Subcults. (Round one, fight!)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:48:24 -0800

> I've always played that if you were devoted to a subcult then you can
> gain the feats and affinities of both that subcult and the cult it is
> part of. Example: If you devote to Havduran the Sword Sage, you can
> learn any affinities and feats from Havduran and Lhankor Mhy.

Correct

> In the Subcult section of the main book it looks like you can only learn
> magic from the subcult you are in and not the main cult. The way I've
> been doing it makes more sense to me, but I've been wrong before.

Well,since the wording is "Initiates and devotees may join subcults...", you already have access to the affinities (and feats, and abilities) of the main cult that you are an initate/devotee of.

In other words, you've been doing it right all along, especially if you've been playing Heortlings.

RR
- Richelieu