RE: Re: Sidekick minimaxing

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 21:43:10 -0000

> > Seriously, the limit is the bit that talks about comparative
> levels of
> > hero and sidekicks. If the "follower" is more powerful than the
> hero, then he isn't [a sidekick]

> Genius Jane!

Yes - on the part of the person who wrote the rules. I just (try to) read them, and for once I think I managed it.

> Of course - such rationale obviates taking a
> dragon as a sidekick. Although not *expressly* stated that
> PC's cannot take more powerfull sidekicks the term sidekick
> implies just that. Nuff said.

Unless you can arrange the disadvantages so that the sum of the dragon's plusses and minuses works out low, of course.

Personally I'd disallow it because of Mike's point: the dramatic impact. You no longer have "Bill the Slayer of A Thousand Trolls, known for witty repartee and bad dress sense", you have "wotsisname, you know, the one with the Really Big green dragon that lives in the next valley and snores."