Re: crunchycontest

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:54:36 -0000

Well...when I ran my game I just ran them as simple contests on the whole and inflicted the wound level - but then we only really had one archer in the team. I also kept a note of how many shots. Like I say, only one guy so no great shakes. However, in an extended contests involving the whole group then he bid just like everybody else. What I think you should watch is what people resist with. I gave a shielded character an improv of -5 and ruled that people without a shield were at -30. So basically in my game people had to dodge missiles, improv off of agility type abilities (Alynx reflexes -5), have a shield or use magic. I just went by what seemed reasonable to me and was accepted by my group and stuck with it. I know missile combat is the most fiddly bit of Heroquest to get the right 'feel' but I love the system overall, and that from Mr Crunchy Gamer himself!

Regards
Rob