Re: Are 3 worlds and concentration a "new truth"?

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:59:35 -0000

> Same in the Swords campaign, but that's hardly normal! Standard
> initiate, clan-based Orlanthi. You know, the sort of PCs intended
to go
> through that "Sartar Rising" arc that in fact no-one seems to be
playing
> "straight". OK, so maybe they're as common as the family with 2.4
> children, but suddenly doubling the cost of magic for the "norm"
seems
> like a pretty daft thing to do, especially when discussion thus
far had
> suggested that it was already too expensive.

You mean like PCs in my game or in David Dunham's? I can't speak for David, but I am just fine with the concentration requirements. Makes perfect sense to me. In my group, half the players are now devotees (after five years of game time), the other half are concentrated initiates, except for the kick-ass weaponsthane, who is a non-concentrated initiate. In David's game, none of the players are devotees, and several are not concentrated.

Jeff