Re: One session per season...

From: ASHLEY MUNDAY <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:45:06 +0000 (GMT)

The way I'd have narrated that would have taken far less than 2 hours (10 minutes tops) mainly 'cause I've generally got at least two other players baying for something to do.

Over IRC (or the like) communication is a lot slower than face to face, so even doing what you described wouldn't have taken that long.

Looking at my notes for a game I recently GMed it took about 18 hours to do an entire year of game time. Sea season took up about 5 hours, dark season about 7, storm season and the sacred time was about 30 minutes wrap up at the end and fire and sea season took about 3 hours each.

As to the quality, you'll have to ask the poor mugs^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h players.

As a counterpoint, in another game I GM I often leave the players alone for hours at a time, becoming nothing more than a glorified barman / cup of tea maker as they spend hours plotting in character.* It's quite hard to keep game time up with real time as the players quite enjoy micro-managing their characters and the environment and who am I to argue?

Cheers,

Ash

*This sort of conversation can be done offline fairly well, but it's good having it happen in front of me as I can nick all the ideas they have for future events.

PS: The one-off I ran at continuum that you and Rob played in would have taken most of sea season in my campaign.