Re: Teshnan Concentration

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:25:55 +1300

Joshua Neff:

>I'm just wondering, how does this work regarding
>Teshnos (and, presumably, the East Isles)? Some of the
>Teshnan cults in the main HeroQuest book have a mix of
>magic: affinities and talents, affinities and spells.
>At first I thought if running a game in Teshnos, I'd
>allow concentration of the Teshnan Religion to be like
>concentrating on the Lunar Religion.

It's different. If a Teshnan were to concentrate, he would concentrate on the Five Life-Flames (Solf, Somash, etc) to the exclusion of others. Thus a Solfi would learn any type of Solfi magic whether it was feats, fetishes or spells but not any non-solfi magic. There is a stage beyond that but that's verging on mysticism.

Solf Cults - Kab Tolat Solf, Besdi Solf Du

Somash Cults - Somash Veren, Alen Somash Sa, Somash

         Mimi, Somash Edi Varo, Somash Heri Madoro.

Calyz Cults - Calyz Mandar

The other two life flames (Furalor and Zitro Argon) are not represented among the listed cults in the Homeland writeup while the remaining deities (Kab Vanarama Sa, Vai Madar Sa, Mairnali Har and Velit Maniz) are not part of the Chalite Scheme. VMS and MH are Vithelan cults and may have their own special rules while the Invisible Leopard may be a Hsunchen practice.

--Peter Metcalfe

--Peter Metcalfe