Backstory

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:01:06 -0000

> > (Yes, I am
> > perfectly capable of writing tens of thousands of words of
> backstory,
> > I just prefer to do it after I've got to know the character a bit).

> Except the rules limit you to 100 words

I thought one of the points of the 100 word description is that it *isn't* back-story? It's where you are now, not where you've been? Page 21, in the box, under "backstory".

> > "Close combat 10W2 and warband tactics 10W". Is that the straight
> > skill requirement, or the "as used" result, after you add
> in augments and fancy weaponry?

> My guess is, it's intended that it be the main rating not the
> augmented one (which does beg the question, how do they
> know?).

My guess would be that after you've been sparring with a group of people every morning for two years, and fighting alongside them for real almost every day, they've got a pretty good idea how good you are.

> But if you have any kind of test to make, you'd get
> to use augments in that.

That would appear to be two answers in opposition to each other?