Re: Keyword v. best skill?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:12:29 -0000

Nick

I believe I asked this question and the answer given a while back on this list (borne out by experience as a narrator) They are raw numbers without Augment.

In fact one of the problems one experiences using published NPC's is that generally theres not enough to give them the same number of augments a PC does, so can skew in favour of the pc.

A cheat I use is looking at what the pc is getting in terms of augments (some players go for a lot some not) and apply a similar bonus to the *bad guy* taking a view of how I see the character.

For example a warrior NPC augmenting fighting abilities will get a generous benfit of the doubt for multiple augments, where as their ability to resist a fast talk, well *I* might rule that they might pick up only 1 or 2 at most.

Its all fairly fluid in play, and as always subject to the needs of the story.

Have you had a chance to play HQ yet? I think that once you get into it these things iron themselves out and you kind of get a better feel for whats *right*. I find HQ quite intuitive. Bit hard to grasp from the written word (at least to me) but dead easy when you play.

All the best
Rob