Saga System

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:45:35 -0000

Having read through the mail on this topic, I'm not sure that I entirely agree with Jane's point of view, which, as I understand it is that advancing a character through the Saga system should produce similar results to advancing a character through "normal play", on the grounds that "the character" doesn't perceive any difference to being "in play" or not, (and, by extension, therefore, published NPC's should be largely compatible with a "starting character" + saga experience to their current age...). However, it does seem to me that if that is the results that she wants then she is in the best position to calculate the appropriate rate for Saga experience (her own lack of faith in her maths skills notwithstanding) as her preferred playing style ("Day to Day" rather than "Episode to Episode") should reveal the appropriate rate of accrual for Hero Points.