The Lismelder and the Orlmarthing

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:37:10 -0000

> > One funny thing: the characters in the game narrated by Jeff
> > Richard, who started this thread, might well _be_ the ones
> > nicking your cows.
> > (They are from a Colymar clan on the border with Lismelder.)
>
> Oh, nice coincidence!
> I doubt it, the Marshedge are a long way for them to go. But they
might
> be nicking cows from our friends the Greydogs. And if they do it
at a
> time when we're visiting...

This really should go to the Heroquest Digest, but what's the difference nowdays? Here's some notes on the history between the Orlmarthing and the Lismelder prior to the Lunar Invasion of 1602:

"In nearly three centuries, there have been twenty-six kings of the Colymar, six of them from the Orlmarth Clan – more than from any other clan. Our kings protected us from other tribes – particularly the Locaem, the Lismelder and the Malani – and from the greedy Kings of Tarsh to the north. During the time of the warring tribes, we settled the Holt and built Urothfalda to guard the Starfire Ridge, which the Lismelder contested."

"During the rule of King Saronil Sartarsson, the Lismelder king Ordag Greydog burnt Old Man Stead [Askiniham] and his clan occupied our pastures on the Ridge. Chief Korlmar Kentventsson forced them off the Ridge and took back our lands. To defend the Ridge, Urothfald was resettled and Harranholar was built. He was the greatest warleader in Sartar and was chosen as Lord of the Runegate by the local clans before he was acclaimed king of the Colymar."

"The Lunar Empire had conquered the Kingdom of Tarsh through trickery and magic, but King Palashee Long Axe freed his people with the aid of King Saronil Sartarsson. King Korlmar Kentventsson was our ruler during the time of King Axe. When the Lunar Empire came to conquer Tarsh, he was King Jarolar Saronilsson's war-king and at the Battle of Karnge Farm, he led the cavalry that swept upon the Lunar army from behind and slaughtered their sorcerers. The Lunar leader was killed and the rest routed with great losses. King Axe for their victory awarded King Korlmar and King Jarolar great honors and gifts. For his part, King Jarolar gave King Korlmar great gifts and a wife."

"The corrupt Lunar Empire murdered King Axe shortly afterwards and seized control of Tarsh. The enemy king, called Evil One-Arm, raided Sartar continually. Evil One-Arm tried to conquer Sartar and killed King Korlmar in a surprise raid. A few years later, our next king, King Orlgandi Urothorling, burnt down the Greydog Inn and plundered the Greydog lands. Later King Orlgandi died fighting to defend King Jarolar at the Battle of Dwarf Ford. Afterwards, the family of King Korlmar settled Eyrrfel and fortified it against the Greydogs."

Jeff