Starting with a common religion

From: pedrodevaca <pavis_gm_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:45:40 -0000

I have another character generation question.

In the character creation rules regarding common magic it says you can pick 5 starting common magic abilities.

But then in the examples you have Steve's Teshnan with a Common Magic Keyword at 17 and a Vai Madar Sa Keyword at 17 and a total of 8 starting magic abilities.

But Vai Madar Sa is a Common Religion so shouldn't the 5 ability rule apply to this? I would expect Steve to be able to pick 5 magic abilities total between his two sources of common magic.

Lastly, if Steve's Common Religion is not limited to the 5 abilities rule, is this the case for all Common Religions (like Donandar or Imarja) or is it particular to the Teshnos Pantheon?

Thanks,
Mitch