Re: Nonhuman Sidekicks

From: Nick Hollingsworth <nick.hollingsworth_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:31:42 -0000

"pedrodevaca"
> Note that it does not say anywhere that you can't buy new
> abilities for your sidekick in play

"Rob"
> YGWV - But as a narrator I would say no.

Whereas I would say "yes, great, go on, brilliant.."...

We have improved assorted sidekicks and had no noticeable drawbacks. My characters sidekick as a better skill than he does. I thought the rules let you do what you want.

In regard to sidekicks having abilities there is nothing to fear except fear itself. After all they are paying for them. Not only is the sidekick theroetically more vunerable than the character (though actually we just ignore these increase-damage-to-sidekick rules) but the use of any ability is subject to the characters relationship to the sidekick too.

What is it you are worried about?