Re: Re: Common magic

From: Mike Gibb <migibb_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:48:15 +0000

>Rob:
>
> >P.48 says 'The Heortlings ancestor, called Flesh Man, provides
> >common magic to the religion.' So, the 'Flesh Man' dude teaches the
> >common magic. Is this dude or dudette a shaman?
>
>No.
>
>--Peter Metcalfe

A concise and helpful answer...

If I understand correctly Flesh Man in Heortling myth is Grandfather Mortal - the first mortal man, the first to experience death and thus the original ancestor. He accompanied Orlanth on the Lightbringer's quest into Hell to re-make the world.

mike
8-)

   xxx

I don't have sources handy, does anyone know any current HQ source material which talks about Flesh man?