Re: Re: Common magic

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:45:49 +0000 (GMT)

Peter asked:

"Would you care to expand your test to address magical entities that teach all four types of common magic?"

Not generally, but I can see a case where something might have elements of all four otherworlds if it's hanging around the mundane world. I can even see the same thing from the same entity being used as any one of the four types of magic depending on how the practitioner uses it.

So, Erik, the clan's founder has a "press cider" ability that can be are used in any of the four ways by his descendents:

Now, from what Greg said earlier, my descriptions might imply something else (e.g. the first description might be read as something you are rather than a part of you, so it's a feat not a talent), but it isn't going to be a problem in any game I've ever run or played in. Pick a criteria, change it if you need - even on the fly - to and don't sweat the small stuff.

Cheers,

Ash

*sorry, couldn't resist the crap pun.