RE: Common Magic, Subcults... and specialized magic

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:15:51 -0600

>From: "Kevin P. McDonald" <paul_mcdonald_at_...>

>Regarding Talents, it also seems weird to me that you can learn something
>(a Common Magic Talent) that is "part of you", but I see that as
>discovering something that was always there rather than adding an entirely
>new "part". Or perhaps it is using something that was always there in a new
>way.

So, I'm watching he Wizard of Oz again the other day for, oh, the zillionth time, and what's it about? Four people, one who learns that he always had a brain, one that learns that he always had a heart, one that learns that he always had courage, and one that learns that family is something inside of her, and that with a simple ritual of clicking her heels three times and saying, "There's no place like home," that one can come back to one's family instantly.

People always have abilities of which they're unaware. Sometimes it just takes someone to point it out to you. A wizard, or a good witch of the north...Shaman? Dad? I dunno, works for me.

Mike