RE: Re: Dar magic?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:09:31 -0000

> Well, I think that there is mythic precedent for Ernaldans
> and Orlanthi making the best leaders - although, as I have
> said repeatedly, perhaps we should ponder shuffling some of
> the Dar Allfather feats into Lead Clan;

It's my preferred solution at present, if any change is made at all.

> however, surely magic
> like "Make Clan Ring" more properly belongs in some aspect of
> Ernalda, if we are thinking back to mythic sources?

Probably, yes. Orlanth is the boss, and he has his wife's permission to say so.

> Concerning Humakti I expect that such leaders are members of
> the military leadership sub/hero cult (I forget which
> precisely)

ST 100, Efrodar Blackhands. Affinity of Battle Command... Well, "Rally Warriors" will help a little, and "Voice of Command" might be generally useful, but...

> and are excellent at militarising and controlling
> the warband - but totally offend the carls, the women, and
> basically anyone who isn't a death-loving semi-psychopath.

Sounds about right to me. One hopes they have a Speaking Companion to handle such matters.

> The most interesting question here, I think, is who makes a
> Humakti their leader, and -why-?

War clans, it seems, but why do they want to be such? Even a war clan can't be 100% warriors, or they'll be dead a generation later.

>(I assume that 'social leader' is meant here,

Clan chief/tribal king. Which I'd interpret as social/political.