Variable Augments

From: Labrygon_at_...
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 05:36:51 EST

I had my own 'only one augment' house rules which cut down on the need for auto augments but made a rolled augment the thing to do. I would use it again if I were running a game again (and if the players agreed)

This combined with the roll-contest first and augment afterwards worked for me. I like it because you know which specific ability really made a difference. Did I win that contest because I "hate lunars" or because I "love dragonewts"? With auto augments I find there is a lot of adding up for only a small chance of affecting the result.

Keith