Re: Humakti clan chiefs?

From: Jeff Richard <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:33:35 -0000

> I'm interested, however, in how a clan such as Malan's own
Isolting observes
> the laws of Heort, especially those involving fines for a Humakti
sharing a
> hearth with a pregnant woman. At the moment we'd be pushing it to
think of a
> positive reason to marry any of our daughters into the Malani,
although I can
> imagine a situation where we were coerced into it.

I think Malan would probably reverse the fine - he'd fine the pregnant woman who shared a hearth with one of his Humakti. His Humakti formed the warrior elite of his followers and he'd get angry about anything that weakened them as fighters.

> Is it better to be a buffer state, or to join the Colymar?

Or become even more frightening than the Malani - which was the Varmandi approach.