Re: Literacy in the West?

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:51:03 -0000

> The argument isn't about keywords, but the notion that only
wizards can
> read in Malkioni
> society.

Doesn't one largly imply the other though. If the only Malkioni keyword that has (some variant of) literate on it is "Wizard" then surely that suggests that only wizards are literate "as a matter of course" (Nothing prevents other characters from learning to read and/or write, of course, but you can't say "Obviously I can read, I'm a Merchant"

(Another thought strikes me though. If no keyword has "Literate" or "illiterate" on it, should the character start with the default of 6?)