Re: Donadar and Humakt

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 06:41:41 -0000

> If I want to submit a myth to the list, what hoops do I need to
jump through?

> LC

Good question - the first answer being that since this is the Rules list, you probably don't do that :)

I don't see any obvious sign that the other two main lists have embraced every detail of the Fan PP as yet (no mile-long disclaimers on the end of every post, nor on the "home page"), so presumably that's still under negotiation.

I believe the general principle is that unless you personally sign your life/rights away, you retain copyright on the exact words you use, but Issaries can borrow the general concepts and names you may come up with. And they make no *legal* promise to even attempt to credit you, but in practise may well try to do so if they can.

Which as far as I can see is no change from before...

A myth based on two well-known gods would be "derivative", not "original", FWIW. I think... the very-soon-now examples will no doubt explain this. Might be worth waiting for them in any case if you want to be sure.

List-owners/legal experts want to correct that?