Poisons and contests. (Was: Re: AP bids from creatures with multiple attacks ??)

From: Victor Lane <thelhf_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 12:02:51 -0700

The books says on poisons (pg. 76) exactly that. "Poison or disease will simple give a bonus to a mundane attack."

On the other hand, for running a longer term battle between an hero and poison or disease, I would try a extended contest. I would have the poison changing all it's ap bids into hurts via the 7 ap to 1 hurt ratio. (Can't find the page reference. If anyone knows it, that would be great.) This would make it a slow descend into sickness and death, which would work for some kinds of poison.

--Victor

<snip>