Re: AP bids from creatures with multiple attacks ??

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:13:37 -0000

> Bad precedent, though - I know my players would sensibly point out that
> wielding a sword doesn't necessarily exclude kick attacks.

Rather, I'd say give them augments, usable when they are making multiple attacks, which in part, in whole, or more than in whole, counter the multiple attack penalty.

So if you want a giant scorpion to be able to make a claw attack and a stinger attack, give it Claw combat 10W, stinger combat 10W, and then it can make multiple attacks at "no penalty" by augmenting its claw attack with its stinger attack (+3). But it would not be able to do this in a situation where it could not make use of its stinger for some reason. If it was using both attacks versus one person, then it ends up being a bonus.

The other way to do this (one that I've used in the design of a character I've yet to get a chance to play), is to have an ability "fighting multiple opponents" or "making multiple attacks." Basically most of the time it would be used as a simple augment, but only when facing multiple attacker or multiple defender penalties.

--Bryan