Re: in character creation...

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:18:37 -0700

> .... the 20points you spend is 1 for 1, even on affinities, right?

Nope. See the FAQ:

"Question: The Hero Improvements chapter says that it costs multiple hero points to raise an ability more than +1 at once. For example, raising an ability by +2 costs 3 hero points. Since I can't spend more than 10 points during character creation on one ability (for a +4 increase), does this mean that the best rating I can get is 1W for a keyword ability or 17 for a non-keyword ability?

Answer: No. The 20 points spent during character creation are not hero points, and do not follow the hero point rules. If you spend 10 points on an ability during character creation, you gain +10 to the base rating, leaving you hero with an ability rating of 7W (keyword ability) or 3W (non-keyword ability).

The only exception is abilities that already cost multiple hero points to raise. For example, raising an affinity by +1 costs 3 hero points, and it costs 3 points during character creation as well. "

RR
- Richelieu