Re: Common Magic and religion

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:24:07 -0700

Light Castle wrote:
> A bit of a rules question here.
>
> I know from the many long conversations before that mixing systems is
> vanishingly rare[...]

I know I'm joining this late, but... is this actually true? I thought I remembered Greg saying that in Glorantha, mixing systems is the *norm*, and concentrating on a single system is fairly rare. A typical farmer may well be an Orlanth Allfather initiate, but he'll also offer sacrifices to the brook spirit, and he learned a spell to help pigs through childbirth, and he's got a talent for seeing in the dark... it's only those minimax gamers who give up all that useful magic and focus on one system.