Re:Common Magic and religion

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

Light Castle <light_castle_at_...> wrote:
> That's an interesting point. I don't think I'd ever thought
> of it that way. So that would imply a fundamental difference
> between a common magic charm and a animist charm. (Where they
> were bound.)

Or rather where they would be expected to be, to be bound. Just because a SpiritWorld spirit has crossed into the Middle World (perhaps due to a tragic mistake by a now-destroyed shaman) doesn't mean that you can now treat it as a Middle World spirit. When the Lunars defeated the Praxian Fire spirit (Wildfire?) at Moonbroth, they could not have bound it in a Common Magic charm, surely? Otherwise every Self Rock practitioner would be playing the part of a shaman, and dealing with spirits suffering the -20 modifier.

If nothing else, that would make Spiritists a lot more boring if they had to share their special spirits with common riff-raff. :-)

Do You Yahoo!?