Changing contest goals

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 15:11:05 -0400

I'm moving this to the rules list, since I think this now becomes a rule question.

No. I don't geddit. Assuming the barbarian is the PC. He's lost the debate, whoever was supposed to be convinced is not. A new contest has started about seducing the Princess.

You are a PC, your goal in an extended contest is to flee off the tula without being caught and identified. You are losing the chase badly to a fast runner/tracker type. You turn and decide to strike your pursuer instead (you are a better fighter). Possibly you are attempting to knock them out/back/away so that they can't pull off your mask, the goals here haven't changed. OR you decide "I must now kill this man." In the latter, should the other person still have all the AP the accumulated from transfers at your expense during the chase? Isn't this a new contest?

LC