RE: Using the flaws of others...

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 17:10:32 -0500

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>

>Even if in fact you never make them roll the contest, you just role-play it
>out. Conflicting loyalties. Someone who spoke Forge-ish would probably use
>the word "bang" at this point - Mike?

Yep, that would be Professor Edwards' term for that situation. I only have people roll in such situations when I know what the player will do, and want to conflict with that. If I don't know, then I let the player decide so we can learn more about how the player sees them. (This is often followed by players spending HP, I find). :-)

Mike