RE: Using the flaws of others...

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 20:44:16 +0100

Mike:
> I do this a lot. Character has "Loves Haggis?" then have him
> pass by a
> haggis shop as he's supposed to be on some other errand, and
> have him roll to resist heading in for a bite.

I think finding two strong personality traits on a player's sheet, and setting up a contest between them, is one of the most fun things you can do. Even if in fact you never make them roll the contest, you just role-play it out. Conflicting loyalties. Someone who spoke Forge-ish would probably use the word "bang" at this point - Mike?