Orderly spells actively without concentration?

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:04:08 -0000

A quick question on the Wizardry rules: Can an orderly use his spells actively, even if he has not concentrated his magic? The HeroQuest book says that orderlies can use spells as active abilities, but on the same page it says that many orders require orderlies to concentrate before they will teach them spells.

We have a character in our group who knows some spirit magic but just joined the order of St. Arkat the Liberator. For all I know, he'd never want to use his abilities actively, I'm just curious whether it's an option.

(My apologies if this post repeats an earlier one I sent several days ago -- I still haven't seen that one)

Rob