(no subject)

From: Jimmie Pursell <pursell_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:50:22 z (MST)

I apologize if this has been addressed, but I haven't yet found it in the archives.

To what is the +5 sword skill received as a Humukti gift added? Is this some form of augmentation for the close combat skill (affinity?), or does it actually add to the close combat skill? If the latter, doesn't this contradict the rule that close combat has only one target number and the skills just allow one to avoid the improvisation modifiers? To rephrase: If I take the +5 sword skill with my greatsword, does my Close combat become 10w? What if I use a shortsword?

I sense that I am overcomplicating this issue, but so many of the rules in HW seem to be vocabulary-driven, and I wanted to make sure I'm looking at it correctly. Obviously, my EFFECTIVE greatsword skill, in the above example will be 10w and my EFFECTIVE shortsword skill will be 5w, but I'm trying to figure out mechanically, and within the vocabulary of the rules, how this works.

Thanks,
Jimmie

This email was sent using Inficad(r)
Communications' Free wEb-Mail service!