Re: Releasing Spirits from Fetishes

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:55:58 -0800

> I ahve always found this a little confuisng. One assumes the Spirit
> must still have a relevant ability to add the AP?

Yes,. You can't use a Stone spirit to Leap Long distance, since a Stone Spirit doesn't have any relavent ability A spirit meant for combat will probably not be useful for healing. .

Why woudl one wish to
> do this when it can use its abilities actively, and the others as
> automatic augments? Can anyone explain or give mea simple example?

For the *big* boost releasing a spirit can give you. As Jane showed, the difference between augmetning and releasing is a big one (since an augment is only ~1/10th of the total rating of the ability). Even getting a +30 AP is better than a mere +3 augment (to my mind, anyway).

RR
- Richelieu