Re: Concentration (What Gods Know)

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 08:58:59 -0000

Hi

I just want to contribute this;

How often does this come up in play? In my games I just let people use abilties actively if they want, especially for newbies. I find that when people have magic the pay off for using it is, well, something magical happens. Oh I get that whole augment debate myself but I hate that look of disappointment in players faces when they can't actually cause a bit of light or heal a wound because their not concentrated. And I consider myself to be in the fun business. Because of the way I play I find that this is not abused. I should also note that all the PC's in my games are actually concentrated magicians on my insistance so as to keep true to the rules, but going forward I don't think I would insist on it. This recovers some of the lost magic of Runequest IMO. Remeber ignite, disrupt, light? Thats magic.

Regards
Rob