Re: Re: Sorcery 101: Scriptures, Formularies, Grimoires

From: Lightcastle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:24:56 -0500

Ahh, the perils and wonders of Wizardry. :)

On Monday 28 November 2005 10:29 am, Posselt, Theo (US - San Francisco) wrote:
> > * Blessings and Curses can only be
> > invoked by a Liturgist leading his
> > congregation in a service of worship
>

> Ie, is 'liturgist' the same as "anyone who knows 'Use [Scripture]'"; is
> 'congregation' the same as "a group of people who have the same 'Worship'
> ability as the liturgist"? Or is do you actually have to have the ability
> 'Member of [Community]', with a given Community having a defined set of
> liturgists?

It is unclear. It could be that as long as the recipients weren't concentrated and no other gods were objecting, you could make a congregation out of anyone. I'd lean towards your first interpretation, though. I don't think you would need a defined Member of Community relationship, though.

> Does this mean that if multiple blessing were applicable to a given
> contest, only one can be used in any way? Ie, if 'bless fighting' and
> 'bless courage' were both applicable to a Close Combat fight, could only
> one be used? Or could 'bless Fighting' be used to augment Combat and then
> 'bless courage' be used to augment Courage, which would then augment Close
> Combat? I'm guessing you mean the former (based on the whole discussion
> about 'Use [Grimoire]' that Jane is leading).

You are correct. The rules read that for a given worshipper only one ability can be augmented in a given contest.

LC