RE: Extended contests - followers as augments or AP batteries?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:18:18 -0000

> > Do you have a rule of thumb for dividing groups up like this?

> "About as many as the number of Player heroes". That way, if
> it turns into a
> fight, you've already got an opponent for each Player hero.

Clever. I do like the idea of saving myself complications in the future. And yes, if they fail badly enough, a fight may well ensue. My idea of long-term plot had these people as allies, but player control is far more important than that.

> You hadn't mentioned the context of the contest in your

And so you assumed it was a fight? Roderick! I'm surprised at you!

> But even then, "everyone shouting at once" *can* be a form of
> debate (kinda like an internet flamefest, but...).

Then again, your Orlanthi roots are showing here, so I'll forgive you.

> And the benefit of *that* type of contest is the possibility
> of causing
> Multiple Opponent modifiers (nicely negated by splitting the
> followers into groups...)

Oh, nice!