Re: Extended contests - followers as augments or AP batteries?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:41:31 -0800

> (nods) This was my original plan: we have five like this on the PCs' side,
> and about twenty on the NPC's. Only then I started thinking that they're
> Followers in some sense, and so it should be possible to use them as AP
> batteries instead, and I just got more confused from then on.

Remember, there is no One True Way. Either of those options would work just fine.

On the one hand, The "Greek Chorus" assumes that the followers aren't doing anything really strenuous in their support - "standing around and looking tough" isn't what I'd call "real support", so going with Comminity bonus fits the abstract and non-important nature of the "support" from the followers.

On the other hand, they might be making more of a showing of agreement with what their "boss" is saying. Use them as AP batteries or Automatic augments (for "their" Hero).

On the third hand, it *might* make sense that they are supportiung the Speaker, not just their own hero. Do they have any attachment to the Speaker other than through their hero? It could get interesting if a "follower" had to chose between two player heroes!

On the fourth hand, They might be growling, making rude comments, fingering their weapons, etc. Then I'd make the players *roll* the followers' augments. And a bad roll could easily make the negotiations disintegrate...

Hmm, looks like someone has been hitting the Stitched Zoo...

RR
- Richelieu