Re: What's in a keyword?

From: Lightcastle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:26:37 -0500

On Friday 23 December 2005 3:10 am, Jane Williams wrote:
> I started to realise this when I realised that I could take the NPCs, even
> the followers, as written in OiD, and run them quite happily with no more
> information than that. And if NPCs, why not PCs?

I agree. But it was making "advanced" characters that made this come up. (I don't think the 17 vs 13 split in normal chargen is an issue.) Since in the City of Secrets campaign (the Karse one) I wanted the players to be a bit older and more significant figures in the city, I allowed them to raise the keywords. Once you started getting a major split between the starting trait vs the keyword, the incentive to try cramming everything into the keyword began.

As for the link to a list, I intend to do something similar for the new game.

LC