Re: Teaching skills

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 23:43:10 -0000

CJ asks
>if you join a Hero Band and it teaches abilities, how long should the
>process take?

About as long as this piece of string... it will depend on the ability in question (some things are easier to learn), who is teaching it and how, and on the needs of the campaign

>Does the Guardian impart them or the existing members?

Either is possible, again depending on the nature of both the skill and the guardian.

>And if one PC wishes to tutor another in a skill, does one pay
>normal HP as if it was something in their background write up, and
>allocate a reasonable period of time, or double, as if it was an
>unrelated ability?

Generally, I'd say if you know who is doing the teaching, and are allocating a period of time to gain the skill then it should count as "gained in play", even if the actual training sessions themselves occur entirely "Off Screen". You have a link between the tutor and the pupil that can be used (exploited...) and a period of time over which the training will take place (which places other constraints on both parties).