Re: Practice Heroquests

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 20:44:14 -0000

> While I don't know the answers, I notice that if you
> do *not* provide the opposition, opposition will be
> "sucked in" to fill the gap, as it were.

Yes. For a classic example of someone on a Heroquest look at the Biturian Varosh entry against Zorak Zoran, where Rurik the Runelord comes to the travelling traders rescue. There is also a Heroquest entry on the Chalana Arroy section.

On a more recent level, King Broyan performs the summons of evil in Orlanth is Dead, which sucks in a whole Lunar (small) army. This is a mundane world quest I believe.

Jane:
> "Saddled with the nightmare" is a scenario where the
> questors provide their own opposition, which shows
> that the quest involved is a practice quest.
>
> http://www.glorantha.com/hw/fan/saddled_with_the_night_1.html

Good call Jane.

 regards
Rob