ceremonial heroquets

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:22:59 -0800

> From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
> Subject: Re: stationary quest

> So the troll does a Hero Plane level HQ, gets to that
> point in his version of the LBQ story, then somehow
> aligns himself with the occasion when it's *this* lot
> of people doing the quest, not someone else, drops a
> level from HeroPlane to Mundane(ish), and starts using
> his mace?

There is no ?drop? here.
It seems you can?t understand this, but the LBQ = LBQ in any of its forms. The stationary version is a LBQ whatever outward form it takes. The stationary one I
weaker, but it is still the same ceremony.

> Didn't we once get told that you can only leave the
> HeroPlane at the same physical point where you entered
> it (since you left your body there)? So it looks like
> this troll can "only" attack the questors on the Other
> Side, not on the mundane, since he can't cross all the
> way over.

As said above, he doesn?t have to. He is in the Hero Plane, as is the celebrant of the ceremony.

> Which I can't now find... I can't even remember which
> list it was on. I remember him saying that Practice
> quest you stay this side, HeroPlane level you cross
> over, but I don't remember any suggestion that your
> physical body crosses over.

But the magical plane overlaps and crosses to the mundane side, which is he safe
in the end for interfering with the ceremony.

> Somewhere we have a
> description of a "normal" quest (whatever that means!)
> where the participants send their souls (*) travelling
> and their bodies stay behind, apparently asleep, and
> one hopes, well guarded.

You are describing a normal worship ceremony. However, the bodies are not sleeping, they are performing a ceremony.