Re: Re: Healers in Swenstown

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:46:05 -0700

> >No, we (the designers) made the conscious decision that a "Heal Hurt"
> >healed
> >the "hurt" level of wound, while "Heal Dying" was for the "dying" level.
>
> I figured this was the case. I was just hoping not to get confirmation of
> it. ;-)

Well, there you go.

> I mean, I've only seen these cults in HW write-ups (which we can assume
> could possibly be "cleaned up" - written the way I'd prefer IOW - for HQ).
> Not even saying that they should be, just that it woulda suited me better,
> personally. I think the affinity that allows any sort of harm to be
repaired
> is a tad dry.

For what it's worth, I would only give "Heal Hurt" -> "Heal Dying" magic to the most powerful Healing beings (like Chalana Arroy/Erissa). For other healers I'd give specific "Heal Cut", "Heal Broken Bone", "Stop Bleeding" etc. magic. So a major healing entity can cure *anything*, while a less-powerful one (Say, Ernalda the Healer) has to diagnose the patient and apply specific magic. It helps make the difference between CA and Ernalda more evident.

> > > What I find more interesting is using an ability like "Heal Hurt
> >Feelings"
> > > or whatnot to repair less physical wounds using the same rules.
> >
> >Umm, in that specific case it's not "Hurt" feelings, but "hurt feelings",
> >if
> >you see what I mean...
>
> Sorry, either you're being far too clever for me, or I'm just being
> particularly dense today.

Sorry, what I meant was that the "Hurt" in "Hurt Feelings" is not meant to be a wound level, but a direct modifier of "Feelings". You won't (shouldn't, anyway) see "Heal Impaired Feelings", "Heal Injured Feelings", and "Heal Dying Feelings" to go with "Heal Hurt feelings". But if you have to explain a joke...

RR
- Richelieu