Re: Re: Healers in Swenstown

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 12:25:11 -0700

> Sounds very reasonable to me, though the lower levels
> might be allowed more widely. "Kiss Better" sort of
> magic.
>
> I see Vinga the Spearwoman gets "Heal Injury" in her
> Protection" affinity. Do I take it that's a
> generic-English "injury", not a reference to a
> specific level of damage? I find it a bit worrying
> that your average Vingan could use a feat (OK, at -5)
> that would have a resistance of 14 to heal an injury
> from which someone was "dying". Of course, that's a HW
> writeup, not HQ...

I could see Vinga's "Heal Injury" as a general cure-all for small stuff (ie the "injury" level of wound). If you use my "level of severity" penalty of -15 (3 levels of difference between "Hurt" and "Dying"), a *really skilled* Vingan might be able to use it to cure a Dying person, but that's what, 45 or so HP spent on that particular affinity to simply overcome the penalty. Whereas a CA using "Heal Dying" would be able to to do exactly the same thing at beginning level...

RR
- Richelieu