Re: Resistance to the Opening

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:54:48 +0100

Mike Holmes wrote:

> Note that the the difference is whether or not the closing is still in
>
>effect. That is, if the closing is in effect, then the seas are an
>otherworld, and have a 3W10 to open. If the closing isn't in effect, then
>the "opening" is just a ritual to get going on the high seas resisted at the
>default resistance to magic, 14.

Really? That rather puts the kibosh on a Men of the Sea campaign, doesn't it? In our MotS campaign, our hero band has about eight members, and even with all the augments, I doubt we could push our Opening ability much above 10w. How the heck are we supposed to set sail and beat a 10w3 resistance? It's not as if we could realisitically get support from some external community for all (or even most) voyages. As a plot hook every now and then (oooh... the Closing is particularly strong in this area/at this time) that's fair enough, but every single time until the Closing ends? Bummer!

OK, so we're probably going to ignore this anyway, but it doesn't seem very well thought out...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic