RE: Re: Resistance to the Opening

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:23:48 -0500

>From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
>
>How the heck are we supposed to set sail and
>beat a 10w3 resistance?

Well, generally, you're not. Again, this is while the ban is in effect, and the only people who do ply the seas are those who are as intrepid as any heroquester.

One simple suggestion, however, it seems to me that the stats you're citing for your characters are for starting characters. I don't think that starting characters would be the entire crew for a ship. Check out the sample crews for the ships. Much more experienced for the main characters (who are training up the starting characters).

It's a very common error to play HQ with starting characters and to assume that they're experienced. They're not. If you want experienced characters you have to add a remarkable amount of keyword levels, and points to add to abilities.

At master levels, the opening is dangerous, but not undoable.

In any case, perhaps your game should be set after the closing? When the resistance is 14?

Mike