Re: Versimilitude

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:48:03 +0000 (GMT)

>>When its something that's quite unlikely, just saying 'well, we'll just
 assume you passed anyway' isn't very satisfying - it leads to loss of  suspension of disbelief and verisimilitude and so forth.<<

 This is a style issue I think. Although note that I am not saying 'you passed anyway' I am saying 'no need to roll' unless failure has interesting narrative consequences. If you are trying to simulate 'living in Glorantha' and issues like versimilitude are important and suspension of disbelief is at risk from this approach for your group, then sure this may not work for you. It is a different approach. I would say it is one that HeroQuest fits with better, but YMMV.

Ian Cooper