Re: New writeups on www.glorantha.com

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 15:47:16 -0700

> Kolat and the Seven Winds practice appear on the face of it to break
> the usual rule that a prospective shaman must not learn any secret
> before they awaken their fetch. Does anyone know if this is an
> intentional variation of the usual rule?

Yes, it is. Remember that the rules for *any* magical advancement that appear in the main rulebook are guidelines, and indvidual magical practices/cults/churches/etc can have different requirements. When making your own cults/whatever, that is a place to start, and many cults follow those rules to one extent or another. The Rules are the GodLearner version of Glorantha - a complete package that can be representitive of a lot of the world, but can't cover absolutely *all* occurances.

> I can't make out what the requirements are for the secret of the
> Serdrodosa practice,

Whoops, left that off.
Follower of Sedredosa 1w2; Allow Spirit Possession 1w2; Relationship with [Special Spirit] (Earth Talker, Luck Bringer, Secret Keeper, Treasure Keepr or treasure Seeker) 1w2

or to be honest what the game effects are. I
> guess I would treat the secret as socially equivalent to an "Initiate
> of Asrelia" ability when dealing with normal Heortlings but otherwise
> any guesses as to what effect it may have? Other than a possibility of
> performing Asrelia heroquests (at a potential alien realm
> disadvantage) any ideas?

I leave that up to the GM/players.

RR
- Richelieu